Lacrosse Equipment Information
MLAX would like to provide guidelines on what is needed for Lacrosse Equipment
For more information, contact the MLAX Equipment Manager, Janna Haner
Safety: All participants are responsible for supplying equipment and uniforms, and for ensuring that all safety equipment fits appropriately. All participants without exception must wear all of the mandated equipment listed below.
Uniforms (Grades 3-8): Game uniforms are required for all players and can be purchased from the Montville Lacrosse Association.
For the 2020 season, all new or returning players need a new uniform. These can ordered online under the Uniform Purchase Registration, on the Registration page.
If you need to be sized to ensure proper ordering size, you must come to an in-person registration session where sizing, ordering and payment will be conducted.
Uniforms can be worn for multiple seasons.
Girls Mandatory Equipment (Grades K-8):
- Goggles (New Standard for 2017 see USLacrosse requirements at this link: https://www.uslacrosse.org/safety/equipment/approved-eyewear-list)
- Mouth Guard
- Cleats (not required for instructional)
- Sticks and goggles are available for loan to instructional players
- Sticks are available for loan to youth players while supplies last
Girls Optional Equipment
Boys Mandatory Equipment (Grades K-2):
- Helmet (available for loan from MLAX)
Boys Mandatory Equipment (Grades 3-8):
- Helmet (available for loan from MLAX for 10U and 12U)
- Shoulder pads
- Arm pads / Elbow pads
- Mouth Guard
- Athletic supporter cup
Boys Optional Equipment - Equipment bag
MLAX Equipment Loaner Program:
Through the generosity of USLacrosse and The Acme Wire Company of Mystic, CT (makers of the wire facemasks on Cascade helmets), MLAX is able to offer the following loaner equipment to players:
- MLAX received a US Lacrosse "First Stick" grant for girls lacrosse. We can offer sticks to girls lacrosse players to use for the season on a first come first served bases. We also have goggles available for loan to our Instructional players.
- MLAX received Cascade CS helmets to offer our younger boys players from instructional through 12U that can be loaned for a season on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please email our Equipment Manager, Janna Haner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use MLAX equipment. A $50 deposit check and loan waiver is required. The loan waiver form can be found in "Documents" in the main menu.
Retailers: Starter kits that contain a variety of the above items are available via the vendors listed below. Please be sure you carefully review what equipment is in each kit as it varies from one package to another.
Local Lacrosse Equipment Vendors
Dicks Sporting Goods- Waterford, CT www.dickssportinggoods.com
Lacrosse Unlimited- Madison, CT
MacWear - Madison, CT www.macwear.com
Lacrosse Monkey www.lacrossemonkey.com