Great game yesterday! Coach Amanda and I were happy to see the progress playing out on the field. We were tenacious going for those ground balls, and we keeping our heads up to scan the field for opportunities. We will continue to work at this throughout the season!
This weekend we have back to back game days! Another game today. This one will be played on the Waterford High School turf field! Get ready to chase some bouncy and rolling balls!
Here is our schedule for the week:
Today 5/15: Game at Waterford High School Turf Field - Arrive by 1:45 to give time for us to warm up on the turf and get used to the ball movement. Gametime is 2:30 pm.
Monday 5/16: Practice 6-7:30 pm
Wednesday 5/18: Home Game vs Stonington - Arrive 5:45 pm for a 6:30 pm game time
Saturday 5/21: Colchester Chap & Graham Jam!
- Saturday is a Jamboree. This annual jamboree (formerly known as the Calvadade) is now dedicated in memory of Chap and Graham, two college-aged lacrosse players from Colchester who lost their lives recently in a car accident.
- We will play 4 games that are 25-minutes long. Our game times are currently 8, 9, 10 and 11:30 am (subject to change). So it will be an early morning.
- Plan to arrive by 7:30 am.
- We will set up a team tent where parents are welcome to coordinate a fun day for the girls with snacks and drinks for in-between our games (I'm happy for someone to take the lead on this).
- Parents are responsible for their players for the day. Coaches will only take responsibility during games.
- There will be music, food trucks, vendors, etc. It will be a really fun day for the girls!
Sunday 5/22: Montville Memorial Day Parade - I need to check details and confirm if we will be marching. I will let you know this week.
Please reply to this email to let me know if you are NOT AVAILABLE for any of the games or jamboree this week.
As always, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concern,