Equipment Manager Responsibilities
Ensures that MLAX has all necessary equipment to field teams for each
camp or seasonal program. Maintains the orderliness of all equipment in
storage and ensures equipment is cleaned and repaired as needed to
maximize the life of all equipment.
Contacts and works with MLAX executive board to determine equipment
needs in preparation of the Spring seasonal budget by the end of November.
After budget is approved, places orders for equipment on behalf of all
MLAX teams so that all equipment is in stock before April 1st.
1. Takes season end inventory, checks equipment and prepares list of items
to be replaced for the budget. Get input from the President and indirectly
from coaches regarding any changes to equipment requirements.
2. Keeps lacrosse equipment and game equipment in secure location during
the off season. Stored goals should be locked together and ideally to a
fixed object like a chain link fence post.
3. Labels all MLAX equipment with indelible ink or other appropriate non-
4. Provides beginning season inventory list to Treasurer
5. Arranges for pick up or delivery of coach’s gear bags at the beginning
and end of each camp or seasonal program.
6. Inventory all coach’s gear bags at the end of each camp or seasonal
program. Clean all gear using manufacturer recommended methods and
rinsing thoroughly to maximize the life of the equipment.
1. Checks goals before the beginning of each camp or seasonal program.
2. Makes repairs and or replaces nets. Nets should be double crossed
wrapped with 5/32 inch (4mm) nylon rope. The upper cross bar of the
goal and the upper corners should be wrapped twice to make sure the nets
are secure. The bottom corners should also be wrapped twice.